Customer installed new overhead lines connecting units. Lines located in un-accessible areas and wanted data on corrosion rates and inspection needs. Customer installed permanently installed UT sensors to monitor pipe intrados, extrados, top & bottom locations
Crude Overhead Line 300F-100F
- 12” Sch. 40 … all nominal wall thickness .4” +/- 12%
- smartPIMS LT Cellular w/ 8 dual element probes permanently attached
- Monitoring interval: 1 reading every 2 days, transmission every 6 days. Estimated battery life ~4 yrs.
- DSI bolted to hand rail and unistrut, cables run to TMLs
- Inspection costs – JLG lift, scaffolding, or rope access required to reach locations 40’ off the ground
- Process control – access to more … accurate and quality data to trend corrosion rates