Due to PHMSA 49CFR191 & 49CRF192 more stringent regulation on transmission & distribution inspection & monitoring.
Asset integrity post pigging/ILI examinations … <150F
- During Direct Assessment (DA), operator must make the decision to “bury & hope” or immediate fix/repair based on wall-thickness
- Operator elected to fix/repair either using a sleeve or new pipe and installs a permanently attached mat sensor area where metal loss previously occurred to monitored repaired area
- matPIMS Modbus configuration w/ 1×15 sensor strip
- matPIMS systems are completely buried after DA is complete
- Operator will send personnel to defined locations quarterly to collect data w/ tablet
Operator was able to continue normal pigging/ILI inspection intervals and have access to buried asset information without excavation while remaining in PHMSA compliance.